Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

A birthday party for Dominican friend.

Wednesday night we all went out for a birthday party, Dancing Blonde (yours truly), The Blonde formerly known as really tall and Nameless blonde…………….

I have 2 regular dance partners, brothers. Well the girlfriend of one turned 20 on Wednesday and that is cause for a celebration! So this is strange but true – I have no idea what her real name is! Seriously. She is introduced as “Tony’s Woman”. Before all us females get up in arms, it is not all that unusual here. At one point in the evening the DJ did the happy birthday thing – to Tony’s Woman!!! Unbelievable!

She is a blonde – well sort of. She has died her naturally black curly hair blonde. It is sort of blondish – orangish colour. Don’t worry that will change next week. She is a lovely woman, very slim and with a pretty face. She always dresses nicely and is quiet and shy most of the time. But, do not piss her off because I have seen that and this girl can stand up for herself.
It turned out to be a group of about 14 of us in total. Gifts or presents are not the normal with this group. We gave her a small token gift and she was quite pleased. Due to continuous electricity issues, we got her a set of candles and some earrings for herself! She loved the gift.

We danced up a storm during the evening which was not without drama. The other brother was in quite a mood! He ended up going outside with 3 other locals and fighting. He has quite a temper and is unbelievable sometimes. At one point he was the Dominican karate champion in his age and weight class and I think could be very dangerous under the wrong circumstances. In this case he must have been okay because management let him back in but not the others. I really don’t care to know what that was all about. Other then a few people going to watch the fight, it did not interfere with the dancing……

Thursday was my anniversary, 3 years in this country. Wow, time flies when you are having all this fun. Thursday evening I went to Santiago for a date! Yes a real date with a very nice man. We went to see the Santiago Monument by moonlight (very romantic if it were not for the other people around) then to a nice restaurant for dinner and some dancing to a live band. A very nice evening !

Friday a few of us went for dinner on the Malecon to a restaurant called Aguaceros –not sure I spelled that correctly. The food was really good but do they ever need to learn a few things about service!!! When we arrived there was more staff then clients. By the time we left a few more patrons had arrived. BUT, they are incredibly slow. For heavens sake if you are in a hurry, order the bill at the same time as you receive your food. NO kidding, it probably took 15 minutes to get our bill!

Then we were off dancing again, but not all of us. IT was Really Tall blonde and myself. We were met there by Nameless blonde. Speaking of which – a little help with a name for this poor woman – she can’t go nameless forever!!!

Dancing was good but not great. So should I tell you the dancing rules? Okay if you insist.

Don’t dance with the same guy more then 2 songs in a row. IF you do he thinks you like him. Now if you actually do like him then that is okay.
Don’t dance with the same guy repeatedly. See #1 above for reason.
If you are dancing and he is “fresh” – first of all that is pretty normal. I swear most dancing here is foreplay by our standards. But if it is uncomfortable just tell him to stop. If that doesn’t work walk off the dancefloor.

Most conversations on the dance floor go something like this: (mostly in Spanish but translated for you readers)

HI, do you speak Spanish?
Yes a little.
Are you married?
No
Do you have a boyfriend?
If Yes : well he is not here, I will be your boyfriend.
If NO: Well I will be your boyfriend.

Throw in the following lines at will:
You are so beautiful
You dance so well.
Why don’t you have a boyfriend, you are so beautiful
I want to know you.
Of course I am not married.*
No I don’t have a girlfriend. *

** these are most likely lies lies lies……

This is the rules and the way it goes for foreigners and tourists. Once you have been here awhile and you get some regular partners and people who know you it gets a little easier. But then there are always guys around who don’t know you live here and you go thru it all.

One night I was out dancing and it was sooooooooo crowded. I was dancing with a reasonably nice looking fellow probably about 40. We went thru the regular questions and comments. And got to the part about I want to be your boyfriend. Sorry I said, I don’t even know you. But I like you he said. Then he took my hand and placed it in his crotch!!! Yup - he did like me…. However I was gone off that dance floor so fast he didn’t see me leave!!! What a schmuck.

So today my very best friend arrives from Canada and I am taking a week off to go to a resort and play tourist. I am sure I will have lots and lots of stories to tell you after!
Meanwhile we will hear from the other Blondes and of course I will go out dancing this week with them.
Ciao

Comments:
Does that blonde have amazing blues eyes? What about Larimar Blonde after the blue stone. http://www.harrisons.com/larimar.htm
 
LOL so funny you hit it on the nail those are exactly the lines I hear from Dominican men lol I can't believe he did that and glad you walked off WOW!!! But hey I've slapped a guy as he tried to kiss me once lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?