Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Nameless No More

Unnamed Blonde, previously Bathroom Blonde, has had a suggestion for a name, and I like it. I do have blue eyes, so I will accept the title of Larimar blonde, from the blue stone only found in the R.D. I have done a little research, and here is some information I have found about the stone. I hope to reflect situations in a manner similar to the properties of this stone, as well as utilizing its healing powers, this is a very good place to mend a broken heart, but I choose not to bore anyone with those details. The region known as Atlantis is believed to have been a part of the island of Hispanola, where the Dominican Republic is located. Whether the story of Atlantis is a legend or just another example in Plato's metaphorical philosophy, or if there is some truth to it, we cannot assert.

*** note that Larimar Blonde had a photo but Dancing Blonde hasn't figured how to upload it yet****

But the fact is: Larimar is only found in one place in the entire world, re-discovered in 1974. It definitely is a mysteriously attracting and extraordinary stone like no other on this planet. Although it is of hot volcanic origin, it disperses a soothing calmness and serenity. Its colors evoke the beauty of the Caribbean sea, the most fabulous part of the Atlantic Ocean.
Its powers are believed to help us to view events from a different perspective; it softens, enlightens and heals in a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual way.
Larimar stimulates the heart, throat, third eye and crown chakras facilitating inner wisdom and outer manifestation. It represents peace and clarity radiating healing and love energy. It is recommended for people who are stressed.
Larimar supports dissolving different kinds of energy blockages that cause physical problems or mental diseases. Larimar enables the flow of energy within a person and helps promote an open mind to changes and improvements. It also softens the stress and tension that problems bring. Because of its extraordinary blue appearance, this gemstone is associated with the heavens, the seas and planet earth as seen from space. Larimar bears the strength of the blue sky with its white clouds and the depth and clarity of the fantastically blue Caribbean.

A couple of observations I have made recently. When I arrived at La Canita the other night, I was parked on the street, but the man who supervises parking across the street came up to my vehicle and told me that he saved me a spot next to Dancing Blonde’s car, guess you know you are a regular customer when parking attendants reserve spots and tables are made available within minutes of arrival.

Another observation is that if there are 25 Dominican women at the club, rest assured that 20% of them are in the bathroom at any given time. There may actually be someone using the facilities, but the remaining 20% are standing in front of a mirror. There is a new mirror in the bathroom at La Canita, it is a full length mirror, it is only 6 inches wide, because it has been placed on a pillar, but it is over 5 feet long. This is the busiest mirror I have ever seen. I have witnessed many things that make me shake my head and laugh. One such instance was the local girl standing in front of the mirror, shaking her butt, like she would on the dance floor, just to watch herself so that she knew how good she looked performing that maneuver from a spectator’s perspective, too funny!

More adventures to come, I will try to share some insight on working, grocery shopping, and other daily experiences that are very different from the life I had in Canada.

Comments:
I agree, a good name. Larimar is a beautiful and rare stone -- though the southern coast of DR is not in fact the only place in the world where it can be found. there are other deposits but the stones look a bit different and apparently are not as nice as ours. Larimar mining is difficult and dangerous work. Anyway, the name fits, it means you are a rare beauty! Blessings on all you blondes. If you need help uploading photos, email me D. you have the address. Macocael.

PS: do you want people to link to your blog?
 
You bet we want to link to you! And thanks for offering your help. I will email you directly for help.... I also need to learn how to put other links on these pages.
 
I like the name, good choice :) Can't wait to read more!!
 
I will send instructions forthwith
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?