Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Wednesday night happenings!

Things have been a little hectic lately. Yours truly, Dancing Blonde, has had company in town. My very bestest friend VP is here. This guy is nuts and such a truly wonderful friend. So, I have taken a little time off to enjoy his company.

We are staying in a hotel on the north coast. He owns units there and comes down to stay almost every year, at least once. I get to go there as well. It is a 3 or 3 ½ star resort in Playa Dorada. What I love about this place – it doesn’t pretend to be anything other then what it is. The rooms are good, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the food is very good! And when I have surfed the net looking at prices they are very well priced.

I spent a whole week there and didn’t work at all. It was wonderful just to take some time off. As I do not like to cook, being able to go eat without fuss is fabulous. We will rarely stay and watch the shows because well once you have seen them – they really don’t get any better. I have managed (of course) to go out dancing, a couple of times with VP and other times without. The first time VP went he met Larimar Blonde. Well now it appears I have to share my best friend VP with my other good friend! Wow, they hit it off big time. It was wonderful to see.

Last night we went out again. Wednesday night is my favourite night to go. Off we went dragging another recruit with us. We met some nice people at the resort and one wanted to go out, his friend was sick in bed! Poor baby.

Now my friend VP is not a latin dancer – or so he says. It is interesting what happens when VP gets a couple of rum drinks into him! You got it, he is a dancer…… He had a fabulous time. He danced up a storm with me and Really Tall Blonde! She was not sure what to make of him. I also had a good time dancing Salsa with one of my regular partners.

It is so nice on Wednesday as the place is not jammed with people, there is room on the dance floor! At times, I even have the floor to myself.

Later in the evening it appeared that VP had a little too much rum. He got all excited about something someone said, jumped up laughing – trying to make a point I think – and dumped over the entire table of drinks. What a mess. No worry, easily cleaned up and another round purchased. There were 11 of us and another round came to 310 pesos, not quite $10 US. Yup – we made VP haul out his money.

We had a great time and it looks like we will do it again on Saturday!

One writer has asked for some background on us Blondes. What I have asked all the other Blondes is:

Why do you love this country?
IF you live here, how did that come about?
IF you don’t live here, do you plan to some day?
Anything else you want to tell us about you?

Once I have it all I will post it! Till then, see ya.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?