Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Long Distance Blonde introduces herself

Long Distance Blonde has finally checked in to blog. I am a petite lady with short, very curly, blonde hair. With the DR humidity my hair has no chance of ever being straight. If I can get my bangs straight with a flat iron, I'm good to go. The rest of the head is free to do its own thing.I've been to the DR at least 22 times over the last 11 years and plan on moving there, soon, for at least 6 months of the year. Right now I have to be happy with occasional trips.

My next trip to Puerto Plata will be in about 7 weeks. Can't wait to see the new changes on the beach and go dancing with the girls. In the mean time, I am making changes to my house in Canada.

I'm redecorating bedrooms and trying to downsize my stuff. I have been a collector all my life and I have realized that I don't need all this stuff anymore. They are just unnecessary items that need to be stored or dusted and the time to deal with is now. I plan to have it all gone before I fly to the DR in November.

The first room that I tackled has been changed from navy blue walls and a sailing theme to light yellow walls with a colourful plaid fabric for bedding and curtains. The colours now are fuchsia, yellow, green, and blue. It is very bright and cheerful.

The next room to tackle is the lowest level where I used to have a pool table. Some how it has become the catch all for every thing that I no longer need. I bought 4 new shelving units 2 days ago that need to be put together before I can start to organize this space. My brother has promised to help me put them together this week. Once they are up I can store bins and boxes on them. Can't wait to see the floor again.

So I guess you could say that Long Distance Blonde for the meantime is Decorating Blonde. Until next time - keep loving the DR everyone. I know I do.

Comments:
Twenty-two times over the last 11 years! Wow, that's amazing. And your are drean of dividing your time between the two countries, sounds great! I would like to hear more about your plans, because you sound like you've decided to keep one foot in each country and I'm sure it's based on the love of two countries and what both have to offer.

I can totally relate to the clean sweep that you are conducting in your home. It's really hard to let go of things sometimes, because they carry memories that we like to hang on to. But it sounds like you are on a mission to renovate your house and your life. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans and your upcoming trip to the DR.
 
Twenty-two times over the last 11 years! Wow, that's amazing. And your dream of dividing your time between the two countries, sounds wonderful and based on some serious consideration. I would like to hear more about your plans, because you sound like you've decided to keep one foot in each country and I'm sure it's based on the love of two countries and what both have to offer.

I can totally relate to the clean sweep that you are conducting in your home. It's really hard to let go of things sometimes, because they carry memories that we like to hang on to. But it sounds like you are on a mission to renovate your house and your life. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans and your upcoming trip to the DR.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?