Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Lond Distance Blonde is in the DR!

Yes folks, I have left the cold north and I’m sweating in Puerto Plata. It is definitely hot and humid. I’m staying with Larimar Blonde, but at the moment I am at Dancing Blonde's computer.

The girls met me at the airport at 9:30 last night and we drove straight to PP. Many houses between Puerto Plata and the airport were covered in Christmas Lights – beautiful!!!
As we passed the baseball stadium I was thrilled to see hundreds of people partying at a huge amusement park set up outside the stadium. Only in the DR can you drink beer or rum and go on rides too.

As we drove past long beach I noticed that the street parties have a new venue. Everyone congregates on the south side of the Malecon near the veggie stand guy – just west of Puerto Plata Beach Resort. Of course there was garbage everywhere. That is the one thing that I don’t understand about the Dominican people. How can they just throw every thing on the ground when they have such a beautiful country? They should treat it better. I’m sure that today the garbage police will come around and clean it up as best they can, but it doesn’t always mean that they get all the bottles and plastic containers.

Anyway, we continued on to Terraza Caribe where the guys were saving a table for us. Dancing and a live band continued until midnight then the place quickly emptied out and they started stacking the chairs immediately at 12 p.m. The streets were empty as we drove home.

This week is going to be a wild one – 2 Thanksgiving parties (Sosua and PP), 1 birthday party, a carnival, a 3 day Merenque Festival at the fort, and maybe a trip to Santiago shopping.

It is great to be here. Today I’m off to buy Poinsettias for my Dominican families.

Long Distance Blonde signing off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?