Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Long Lost Blog

I am on a roll!!! Dancing Blonde is having no luck at all with this blogging.......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Some time ago Doctor Blonde sent me a blog. I posted it.

Apparently it went into Blog Heaven and didn't make it to cyberspace.

So this morning I redid the whole bloody thing, just as I was about to post it - lost our connection. Thank you so very much Verizon!!!

Let's try again (not to self - save drafts more often - LIKE RIGHT NOW)

Here is what the Doctor had to say:

I’m not coming to Puerto Plata girls but I’ll be there in spirit and I hope you’ll take lots of pictures and post them. Here in Toronto, it appears as though we’ll have a green Christmas. I was out raking leaves off my green lawn the other day. (Yeah, I know most people do that in October! LOL.) I wish it was truly green as in a little more money, and I would be down there getting into the holiday spirit with you. I’ll be spending my two weeks at home. I’m thankful that I have my own home, a lovely daughter, and a faithful dog (4-legged one LOL), and some interesting dance partners.

I have to tell you a little story about the DR Blonde blog and how it enriched my life with friendship. It started with a sarcastic comment on one of posts. (I would give you a link, but (with a wink to Chiri) that’s rocket science in this Blonde world!) But if you go back to the beginning, there you’ll see a comment “Are you real blondes or bleached?” I was ticked off by that comment (never ask a woman those incredibly personal things). I could see a little image of the author with a link. I was curious and I followed it. It took me to some other Dominican blog authored by the heckler. I left my own sarcastic comment about his interest in cars. And he replied that it was obvious from our blog that we were real blondes. And he also suggested I should get a sanky. Well I’m very sensitive and I wrote him an email with one sentence “You’re mean.” (A very blonde response LOL) He apologized; I forgave him.

So our friendship began with this blog. He told me a little about his first love a Canadian girl that he met at a Catskill summer camp in his youth. I sent him a link to that camp. I visited his blogs and read his posts, one day they disappeared. Maybe he accidentally deleted them; he had to create another blog and start from scratch. I found his lost posts cached on a Google server and he restored them. Since that time we’ve had many conversations over the Internet about life, family, work, friends, dengue, politics, about the Metro, Haitians, and racism, cooking, and music. You name it, we’ve discussed. I ask him questions about DR, trying to figure out if I could adapt to that country. He’s a very patriotic Dominican and once you get him started on the Dominican Republic, he’s on a roll. Sometimes we just say “hello” and “have a great day”. Of course you know that when a Dominican man says “hello”, he blows kisses and calls you “mi amor.” That’s not a bad way to start the day, here in Toronto! It was through the DR that I discovered this wonderful Dominican friend. I may never meet Luima, but really I’m thankful to have found his friendship through a link to this one. Thanks, Dancing blonde for making it possible. Feliz Navidad to all the DR Blondes!


** here is the website of the individual she is referring to:
http://www.loscorbanitos.blogspot.com/ Beware it is in Spanish....

I am working on a fairly long blog to get you all up to date!!!!!

On another note - we are FAMOUS............ yeah. Check out www.newsforblondes.com

We made the newscast..... yeah.......

Until next time..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?