Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

Random thoughts - man buffet

Random thoughts from Dancing Blonde:

The other night I was out dancing - stop it you people - I know you are not surprised by that statement.

So this woman was on the dance floor, nicely dressed, having a good time. When she left I noticed her bra was showing in the back. Sooooooooooooo being a fashionista (is that a real word?) I stood up and adjusted her look. Well she thanked me profusely.

5 minutes later she was back. She thanked me again, asked where I was from, how long have I been here, do I speak a lot of Spanish, how do I like the country???? It was so nice to open up that kind of instant dialogue. It reminded me of why I love living here! The people are really warm and friendly if you treat them with courtesy and respect and accept who they are. She did not care that I am white, that I am foreign etc. I did something considerate for her and she both appreciated it and was interested enough to talk to me.


This reminds me of another instance, Larimar Blonde this time. We were, once again out dancing, and somehow this guy ended up at our table. We weren't too impressed with him and I immediately took a dislike to him. But both of us sensed this man had power.

We tried our best to avoid him but not antagonize him. Larimar got stuck dancing with him but ended it quickly. Later this man left the table. Immediately a local woman came and joined Larimar at the table to warn her that this man is dangerous and to stay away from him.

Again, it is a departure from other places. It was a caring and considerate thing that was done.

Man Buffet:

Several weeks ago Larimar and Dancing Blonde went out dancing on what we thought was a regular Friday night. Nope nope nope..... not regular at all. We were at the MAN BUFFET!!! Wow.......... I have never seen so many men and so FEW women in a club (well except maybe a stripper bar - don't even ask how I know that) Neither of us was feeling all that well. I looked at Larimar and said: I better get better real quick........... Larimar turned into a bloody dancing machine. I've never seen her dance soooooooooo much. By the time we went home we were both exhausted.

We were joined by MR.X who's name is changed to protect the innocent. That would be us by the way as it can't possibly be him... Right CRASH??? We do love him though. Well Mr. X, was a head turning machine. He was amazed and used a term I have only heard from one other person! Yes Mr. V, he used your word: He called the girls - HOOTCHIMAMAS........ Larimar and I were rolling on the floor laughing. And it does not matter that this is a correct term, it was funny.

Here is what happened to Larimar today:


Thought I would share my experience with the police today. I got stopped in a routine check, they wanted the paperwork for my car and my licence. Well I have a photocopy of my licence, which I was advised to do, anyhow he told me that my licence is only valid for 3 months after I get here, I told him the original licence was at my lawyer's office, he asked me to phone my lawyer, I told him the office was closed because it was Sunday. He was surprized that I did not have an emergency contact number for my lawyer. I then offered him 200 pesos, about $6. He was holding all of my paperwork and looking at his partner who had another car stopped behind me.

After a few more minutes of me speaking spanish and trying to get out of this, he came to the passenger side of my car, motioned for me to unlock it, and he got in. We drove for about 4 blocks, to the next major intersection, he put out his hand for the money and handed me my paperwork, and told me to have a nice day.

Now, after telling Dancing Blonde this, she told me to play stupid, not to speak more spanish than is necessary, and never let them get into my vehicle, they have guns. Anyhow, lesson learned, and now I know how to handle this next time.

Larimar's Random Thoughts

The 3 year old who could not go to play school because he did not have clean underwear.

Office life here: lady who makes fresh juices everyday, delivers coffee, water, whatever, eating lunch outside. The man who cleans and details my car every couple of weeks, but does the boss’s car every day.

Grocery stores, the smell of the salted fish or whatever it is - major eeeeyuckkkkk, open liquor while you shop a well as fruit not sold by weight, take the package or the banana peel with you, they will charge you 4 to 5 pesos when you get to the till. Beer tasting: free tastings of beer and wine create lineups going into the aisle and being sworn at. Not sure if we are in their way or they want a taste.

Driving, not as scary as I originally thought, once you get used to the motorcycles / pasolas, etc. the roads leave a little to be desired right now, but you can practice all kinds of evasive action maneuvers. Talk about defensive driving..........

Pasola’s decorated with photos of family, self or some other fancy work. These also need to be washed and cleaned, minimum of an hour or is required for this task.

May lose my big toenail on the other foot, thanks to a girl in wooden heals in the bathroom on New Year’s eve, she did not realize from the look of excruciating pain on my face that she was standing on my foot, and I did not want to push her or yell at her in close quarters of the bathroom. *** note from Dancing Blonde - being Canadian Larimar is always polite! Next time thump her!

That is all for now.......... thanks for all your comments.......

Comments:
I would of done the same and told the girl very nice! What about toilet paper on yoru heel I hate that and always tell a lady before she leaves the washroom!
Love your Man buffet too funny :)
Love your stories :)
 
You've been tagged! "Five things to know about me" - it's up to you whether you do it collectively or individually.
 
Hey Chiri - tag we are it.......LOL

Okay we accept and will post individually.....


Thanks.

Dancing Blonde
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?