Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

5 Things from LD Blonde

Long Distance Blonde - five things about me

1. When I was 4 years old, the doctors thought that I had polio because I could not move a muscle for a week. The doctor came everyday to the house. Fortunately after 3 days I could move my head slightly so the doctor knew that I was going to be ok. Polio was very common then and I had been playing with a girl up the street who did end up paralyzed with polio. It gave my parents quite a scare. Thankfully, I made a complete recovery.

2. I have 2 university degrees - a four years Honours B. A. in Family Studies from Ryerson and a Batchelor of Education from the University of Toronto.

3. I have a very small family. My mother was a British War bride and she only had 1 brother who never had children. I don't know anyone else from England, but they would be far removed cousins. I have one brother - he has 3 children, but they live 3000 miles away. I have 1 daughter who is not married yet. So family gatherings consist of 2 - 4 people at the most. Holidays are rather quiet.

4. Cats are my choice of pet over any other animal as they are independent like me.

5. Activities I enjoy are travelling around the world, dancing, down hill skiing, sewing, reading, movies, live theatre, wine making, driving fast cars, throwing large parties, and spending time with friends.

Now you know a few things about me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?